Our David W. Martin Accident & Injury Lawyers in South Carolina believe those who have been hurt or lost a loved one to negligence — whether in a vehicle collision, slip and fall incident, or work-related accident — should have equal access to skilled personal injury lawyers who can help with their claim.
No matter where you live or work in South Carolina, if your life has been turned upside down because of another party’s negligence, you should be able to partner with an attorney who will advocate for your rights and present your legal options without feeling intimidated by the process.
Here, we work tirelessly to ensure that pursuing a personal injury claim is a seamless experience for each client — starting with the initial consultation — by simplifying things for everyone.
If you would like to speak with our South Carolina injury attorneys about your potential claim so you know whether you have a viable case, you only need to do three simple things.
One: Make a List of Questions You Want Answered
An initial consultation aims to learn how your accident and injuries have impacted your daily activities and overall quality of life. This means something different for everyone, so we focus on actively listening to your story.
Once we understand the details of your claim, it is your turn to ask us anything you want to know about the South Carolina personal injury claim process.
That may include:
- How long have you been practicing personal injury law?
- Have you handled cases similar to mine in the past?
- What percentage of your practice is dedicated to personal injury law?
- Based on the details I’ve provided, how do you assess the strength of my case?
- What challenges or weaknesses do you foresee in my case?
- What legal strategies do you recommend for my specific situation?
- Will my case likely go to trial, or do you foresee a settlement?
- How do you typically handle negotiations with insurance companies?
- How will we communicate throughout the process, and how often should I expect updates?
- Can I reach you directly, or will most communication go through your staff?
- What is your fee structure? Do you work on a contingency fee basis?
- Are there any upfront costs or retainer fees?
- How are expenses handled, and will I be responsible if we don’t win the case?
- Can you provide references from past clients with similar cases?
- How long do you anticipate my case will take to resolve?
- What factors could potentially delay the process?
- What is your track record for settling cases out of court?
- If a trial becomes necessary, what is your experience with courtroom litigation?
- Will you personally handle my case, or will other legal team members be involved?
- How is your support staff structured, and what roles do they play in cases?
- What are the potential outcomes of my case?
- What kind of compensation can I reasonably expect?
Our experienced South Carolina personal injury lawyers are not here to tell you what you want to hear. We are here to evaluate your case honestly based on our expertise and advise the best way forward. Answering all your questions helps provide a productive and stress-free initial consultation so you can make informed decisions about your claim and future.
Two: Prepare a Few Important Documents for Review
First things first: Our initial consultations are confidential. We do not share our prospective clients’ information because we value their privacy, even if they do not choose us to represent them. Everything you share with us remains completely private.
To establish the essentials of your case and how to move forward, we will need to review a few essential details during your initial consultation.
They may include:
- Your insurance policy (if you were in a car accident).
- Statements from your bank or insurer that you have paid your premiums.
- The negligent party’s contact information.
- Police report from the accident.
- Medical records, bills, and statements to date.
- Proof of lost work, including paycheck stubs or official statement from employer.
- Any communication from the other party’s insurance.
Three: Contact David W. Martin Accident & Injury Lawyers Today
You will want to meet with an attorney as soon as possible to help alleviate the stress and anxiety from your accident so you can focus on getting your physical and emotional well-being back on track. If you cannot come to us, we will come to you so you can learn everything you need to know about pursuing a personal injury claim in South Carolina.
Contact our David W. Martin Accident & Injury Lawyers today at 803-258-6199 to learn more about your legal rights and options to hold the negligent party liable for your complete recovery needs.
We provide consultations for all personal injury cases in South Carolina and never charge any legal fees unless we deliver a positive outcome for your unique case.