Our David W. Martin Accident & Injury Lawyers in South Carolina understand the challenges that come with balancing work, school, life, and kids. We know that there are very few people who can provide full-time, in-home childcare for their kids, and even those who do deserve a break.
That is typically where daycares, childcare facilities, and sitting services come in handy. Unfortunately, even with all the proper licensing and accreditations, daycare stays can end with children getting hurt, or worse, losing their lives to negligence.
No parent should have to lower their childcare expectations to get the help they need. They should trust that their children’s health, safety, and full-time supervision are the priority. When that is not true, our South Carolina personal injury attorneys want to help you and your family hold the liable person or parties accountable.
Contact us today to learn more about your rights and options to take control of your legal circumstances without delay.
What are the Most Common Types of Childcare Negligence in South Carolina?
Our South Carolina daycare and childcare injury attorneys know that kids get hurt at home, at school, on the playground, and anywhere they fall.
The difference between an inadvertent bump on the head or a scratched knee, and a broken arm, the lack of oxygen from choking injuries, or head trauma is that the latter is typically the result of negligence.
Some of the most common South Carolina daycare and childcare forms of negligence that can lead to significant injuries or even fatalities may include:
- Lack of employee screening.
- Unqualified, inattentive, or abusive caregivers.
- Improper employee-to-children staffing ratios.
- Improper supervision of the children in their care.
- Sexual assaults by adults or other children in the facility’s care.
- Accidents involving other children.
- Failure to adhere to a child’s dietary needs.
- Unsafe premises, toys, and equipment.
- Unsanitary environments.
Important safety rules exist in daycare, childcare, and sitting facilities for a reason, and when they are violated, injuries and even fatalities can occur.
If your child has been injured or tragically lost their life while under the care of a South Carolina childcare provider, we want to hear your story. Your voice, and that of your child, deserves to be heard, so you can seek the justice you deserve while ensuring other children are not subjected to these harmful circumstances. We can help. Contact us today to learn more.
How Can I Identify the Signs of Injuries at a Daycare or Childcare Facility in South Carolina?
Our David W. Martin Accident & Injury Lawyers in South Carolina know that abuse, neglect, and mistreatment of children are difficult to identify — simply because most parents never dream these circumstances would happen to their families. We understand.
We also know that identifying the potential warning signs that something is wrong is the best way to get the help you need.
Some of the most common signs of daycare abuse or neglect may include the child:
- Changes in behavior, including becoming shy or withdrawn.
- Unexplained bruises, scratches, or other injuries.
- Becomes aggressive with siblings or pets.
- Hungry and thirsty at pick up.
- Unkempt or dirty physical appearance.
- Flinching in response to your movements.
- Reluctance to go to daycare.
- Regressive behavior, including clinginess, bed wetting, thumb sucking, or excessive crying.
- Sleep disturbances and recurring nightmares.
- Showing fear or anxiety toward the daycare or an employee.
- Soiled diapers and long-lasting diaper rashes.
- Urinary tract infections or soreness around the genitals.
- Unusual interest in sexual behaviors.
If you believe something is wrong, listen to your instincts, and contact our skilled childcare injury, abuse, and neglect attorneys in South Carolina today for help.
How Can David W. Martin Accident & Injury Lawyers in South Carolina Help with My Case?
Your child’s safety is the most important thing to you and us. If you believe they are being hurt by a daycare or another childcare provider, contact our skilled personal injury lawyers in South Carolina today, so we can help you pursue justice on their behalf.
To help build your case for success:
- Be sure to document any adverse behavior or injuries that occurred while they were under the care of another by keeping a journal and taking pictures of visible harm.
- That means removing the child from the potentially dangerous environment and reporting the abuse or neglect to the Regional Childcare Licensing Office in your area.
- If your child’s injuries were the result of an emergency at the daycare center, contact the police right away, so the incident is on record.
- Report to an emergency room or your private pediatrician right away to diagnose their injuries.
Contact our skilled South Carolina childcare accident, injury, and fatality attorneys to learn more about your legal rights and options to hold the facility or provider liable through a civil claim and any potential for criminal action that meets the legal standard for your claim.
Our law firm has the investigative resources you need to produce results, so you and your family can focus on physically and emotionally recovering and getting your lives back on track without delay.
Contact Our David W. Martin Accident & Injury Lawyers in South Carolina to Schedule a Free Consultation Today
Contact our David W. Martin Accident & Injury Lawyers in South Carolina today by calling 803-548-2468 to learn more about your legal rights and options to hold the negligent driver liable for your complete recovery needs.
We provide free consultations for all personal injury cases in South Carolina, and never charge any legal fees unless we deliver a positive outcome for your unique case.